Sunday, October 31, 2010

Illustrations

For a little while, I thought it would be fun to be an illustrator. Personally, I think books are better with pictures in it. One of my favorite illustrators would be Brett Helquist, who did the Series of Unforturnate Events, Chasing Vermeer, and Captain Hook. Here are some of his peices I found...


Which led me to find another artist, Amy Casey...
This one reminds me of the movie up. It's almost dream like, which leads me to one of my summer concentration ideas, I didn't think I would do a concentration about dreams because I felt like maybe it was something a lot of other people would do, but now I'm considering it...

3 comments:

  1. I love all the art pieces you posted. Especially the moon lady and the suspended houses....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these they are totally awesome!!! You should do a couple for your concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so cool because growing up I read all the books in the Series of Unfortunate Events, and one year my brother gave me this Lemony Snicket which I now use for collages because the illustrations are fantastic. I think you would be a marvelous illustrator, your self-portrait was kind of fairy-esque and made me think of fairy tales. i am sorry it's so late and i sound like a kook, but i just finished my project! gah. night

    ReplyDelete